Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Keeping in Touch by Getting Connected (The Wonder of Technology)

It’s the year 1986 when I graduated from the High School (secondary level) of Great Plebeian College, town (now City) of Alaminos, Pangasinan, Philippines. Few months after, I went to Manila to pursue a college degree. For some reasons, I was not able to keep in touch with most of my high school friends. Alright, I have to admit (I feel getting old to say this…), our generation is of without mobile phones, very “rare” computers, and no world wide web. So, as years went by, gradually, as I was not deliberately “keeping in touch” with my “old” friends I came to a point when I almost totally got disconnected from them… Fast forward…late 90’s, “Y2k”, to the present… enter technology, gadgets, World Wide Web, etc.

It’s the year 2007, two of our classmates, got the idea to connect our former friends, classmates and batch mates through the web. Today, we are keeping in touch and getting connected(after 20 silent years). And we hope we’ll reach more of our friends.

To Mauro and Gil, thank you for keeping us in touch and getting us connected.
To the rest of “GPCBatch86”, keep in touch, get connected! Join the group!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GPCBatch86/

No comments: